In early 1941 a new camouflage scheme of RLM 74+75/76 (with mottling in RLM 02, 70 or 74) was introduced onto Luftwaffe day fighters (the early scheme of RLM 70+71/65 remained in use on other aircraft types) and was widely used till gradual phase out in mid-1944. RLM 65 was officially kept as an additional colour (or maybe a substitute for RLM 76). Luftwaffe night aircraft initially wore a standard RLM 70+71/65 scheme, with temporary (and later permanent) black paint replacing RLM 65 on undersurfaces in 1940 and then becoming an overall colour in early 1941. In 1942 the RLM 74+75/76 scheme was introduced onto night aircraft, later simplified to a combination of RLM 75 mottling over RLM 76 base, on some aircraft again with black undersides.
The set contains the following lacquer based paints, optimised for use with airbrush:
HTKC0313 - Grey-Green (RLM74) - Used from early 1941 till mid-1944 for upper surfaces of Luftwaffe fighters in RLM 74+75/76 scheme. Phased out entirely in 1944
HTKC0007 - Grey-Violet (RLM75)- Used from early 1941 till mid-1944 for upper surfaces of Luftwaffe fighters in RLM 74+75/76 scheme. Also used in late-war schemes
HTKC0038 - Light Blue (RLM76)- Used from early 1941 till mid-1944 for lower and side surfaces of Luftwaffe fighters in RLM 74+75/76 scheme. Also in late-war schemes
HTKC0029 - Light Blue (RLM65)- Additional colour officially allowed for use in mid-war Luftwaffe schemes, either for mottling / colour blending or as a substitute for RLM 76
HTKC0023 - Grey (RLM02)- Used for mottling on side / upper surfaces in RLM 74+75/76 scheme. Alternative lower surfaces colour of night fighters between 1942-43
HTKC0015 – Black-Green (RLM70)- Early Luftwaffe colour. From beginning of 1941 till mid-1944 used for irregular mottling on side and upper surfaces in RLM 74+75/76 scheme
HTKC0100 – Black (RLM22)*- Used on lower surfaces of Luftwaffe night fighters and bombers in 1940 (instead of RLM 65) and then as overall colour between 1941-42
HTKC0264 – Light Grey (RLM77)*- Used for tactical marking on night fighters in overall black camouflage. Also believed to be used on high-altitude fighters (e.g. Bf 109 G-6/AS)
Hataka Hobby Orange Line
The range of specially formulated lacquer based paints optimised for airbrushing. The product was developed to satisfy needs of all modellers - it is perfect for professional use (application of many semi-transparent layers, gradual building of colours / colour shading, application of very fine lines, etc.), but also very forgiving to beginners. It has significantly limited odour compared to other similar products, hence is more suitable for home use. All colours are highly pigmented and permanent.
Lacquer-based paints, produced in accordance with all appropriate EU safety standards - highly flammable liquid and vapour, to be used in well ventilated places. Packed in 17ml bottles with dropper tip for easy application and containing a metal ball inside for easier mixing.
- Before using the paint mix it well by shaking the bottle (rattling of metal ball should be audible)
- Dilute the paint in a dedicated pot (outside of airbrush) in appx. 40/60 to 60/40 thinner to paint proportion with dedicated Hataka Hobby Lacquer Thinner (HTKXP003)
- Pour the paint into the airbrush and paint with your favourite technique at recommended air pressures of 10-20psi
- Each modellers has its own painting style and technique, thus experimenting to find optimal dilution ratio and air pressure is always recommended
- The best adhesion to the plastic model is achieved on primed surfaces
- The paint dries quickly to satin surface. Once fully dry (which can take up to 24h) the surface is waterproof and permanent
- All colours can be mixed with one another
- Do not mix with any water-based products!
*SURFACE SHIPPING ONLY (US Customers) - This item can only be shipped via surface/ground shipping. Purchasing this item will result in your entire order being only eligible for either UPS Ground or USPS Parcel Post shipping. US customers located outside the contiguous lower 48 states (such as Hawaii or Alaska) can contact us to determine a shipping cost if the webstore is not be able to determine the shipping cost.
* NO INTERNATIONAL SALE - This item cannot be shipped outside the United States.