The Mustang is recognized as the most iconic fighter of World War II. Built by North American Aviation it changed the air war over Germany by being able to escort the bombers all the way to the target. The P-51 produced many aces during the war and none better than Lt. Cdr. Thomas L. Hayes who won both the Silver Star and the Distinguished Flying Cross.
Credited with kills in both the Pacific and European theaters, Thomas Hayes flew 143 combat missions and commanded one of the most successful fighter groups in the 357th. In a raid over Berlin they downed 20 enemy aircraft with zero loses. He rose to the rank of General and retired in 1970.
- Fine engraved recessed panel lines.
- Choice of drop tanks or bombs.
- Separate flaps and rudder.
- Molded in light gray and clear.
- Molded in white, clear and transparent red with chrome-plated parts and soft black tires.
- Scale 1/32
- Length 11.41'
- Skill level 5
- Parts 158